Deputy Attorney General Dismisses Claims of Evidence Lost in Adu-Boahene Trial
- Deputy Attorney-General Justice Srem Sai has refuted claims that evidence has gone missing in the Adu-Boahene trial
- Captain Smart alleged that the Attorney-General lost the case against former NSB boss Kwabena Adu-Boahene
- Sai said as of 18 June 2025, all required documents had been filed to support the charges against the four accused persons
The Deputy Attorney-General, Justice Srem Sai, has addressed concerns regarding the status of evidence in the ongoing Republic versus Adu-Boahene criminal trial.
Earlier, a broadcast journalist with Onua TV, Captain Smart, alleged that the Attorney-General had lost the suit against Kwabena Adu-Boahene, the former boss of the National Signals Bureau (NSB), due to a missing crucial evidence.

Source: Facebook
Contrary to speculation, Justice Sai stated that no evidence had been lost in the case.
He said that, as of June 18, 2025, the Attorney-General’s office had filed all necessary documents to support the charges against the four accused persons
The Deputy Attorney-General listed some of the documents they intend to rely on in the ongoing case.
- Contracts of sale
- Bank wire transfer records
- Bank account statements
- Company registration documents
- Property ownership records
- Purchase receipts
- INTERPOL stolen vehicle records
- Investigative caution statements and charge statements of each accused person
- Records of asset non-declaration
- A flow chart of money movements through complex bank accounts
- Testimonies of three witnesses
Read Justice Sai's post below:
"Further, court-certified copies of each of these documents have been duly served on each of the Accused Persons. So, it is not even realistic that the documents could be lost to jeopardise the prosecution of the case," he said.
"Current State of Trial: Before the start of the legal vacation on July 31, 2025, the first of our 3 prosecution witnesses had completed testifying and had been cross-examined by the lawyers of 3 of the 4 Accused Persons. The trial will resume in earnest in mid-October when the courts return from the legal vacation," he added.

Read also
WASSCE 2025: Student decries tough exams, questions if free tuition at university is to blame, video
Watch the video below:
Captain Smart’s allegations on Adu-Boahene’s trial
Mr Adu-Boahene is standing trial for allegedly diverting and embezzling GH¢39 million.
Captain Smart also alleged that the ruling National Democratic Congress (NDC) received a whopping $500,000 from Adu-Boahene in the lead-up to the 2024 general election.
Aside from this, the broadcast journalist stated that the ex-NSB boss also purchased four brand-new vehicles around the same time.
"I'm about to drop a third bomb. JB, have you heard the name Kwabena Adu-Boahene, who has been accused by the Attorney-General of purchasing 27 houses? Did he give the NDC $500,000 before the elections, or did he not give them? Did the NDC take $500,000 from Kwabena Adu-Boahene or not?" he said.
"He (Adu-Boahene) procured four cars, and who received those four tier rubber cars? Who kept custody of those cars, and where are they now?" he added.

Read also
Hawa Koomson's attackers plead guilty after Ablekuma North election violence, set to be sentenced on August 29

Source: UGC
Court dismisses Adu-Boahene’s request for documents
Earlier, YEN.com.gh reported that the High Court dismissed a request by Kwabena Adu-Boahene and three others for access to documents from 1992.
The application, which was filed in June 2025, sought the disclosure of National Security files and special operations accounts.
The High Court also rejected the plea for the Attorney-General to produce the documents for inspection and copying.
Source: YEN.com.gh